Half year DOO

bearrassler

yup until doo stops gaining market share they wont release anything. Why would they... Record year in sales. The axys unfortunately is still old tech in comparison to the etec and Rmotion. Still unproven.

I would hope you are wrong about BRP just waiting on new technology, most companies do not sit on new things and let other companies catch up. They keep their foot on the gas and try to keep all of their competitors playing catch up. I also don't think they are gaining market share, I believe they are #1 in sales but not by much. It is almost impossible to find market share numbers. Also I would hope this is not a record year in sales because the current market is very small compared to the mid to late 90's. If it is then they didn't sell many sleds in years past. Also you say they are sold out. I see lots of Ski-Doos in dealer inventories in ND and MN

momoney2123

I would hope you are wrong about BRP just waiting on new technology, most companies do not sit on new things and let other companies catch up. They keep their foot on the gas and try to keep all of their competitors playing catch up. I also don't think they are gaining market share, I believe they are #1 in sales but not by much. It is almost impossible to find market share numbers. Also I would hope this is not a record year in sales because the current market is very small compared to the mid to late 90's. If it is then they didn't sell many sleds in years past. Also you say they are sold out. I see lots of Ski-Doos in dealer inventories in ND and MN

It was the most spring checks doo has ever sold. A buddy of mine wrecked a 2015. The insurance company couldnt find a replacement......X package, ended up having to go with a different model and driving to boofoo to get it. My dealer was sold out of etecs in november. I duno how the economy is in ND. But listening to other people on dootalk from different regions like the northeast, therent arent any sleds their either. there are constantly threads of people on dootalk in search of 2015 models. I guess they are all in ND.

I agree on the waiting, and is why I hope the axys is everything its hyped to be. But the bean counters are gona say whoa whoa whoa, why bring that when we are selling a bunch of this. The rev Chassis was on the table in 1997, why did they wait until 03 to bring it? not sure i guess. Just speculating

whitedust

I agree ya if doo had a new improved platform they would release it corps don't spend AR&D money on new products then throw it to the side and wait. All product lines have lifetime market projections. BUT the 1 thing you need to know when talking record sales years that go back to the 90s doo was probably #3 back then. Doo had great engines but theire sleds were known as mules very heavy ,buckers & the MXZ platform was justt starting to improve. Polaris back then was #1 by far with the wedge with Ac a distant #2. Market shares have changed with time but overall in 2015 I don't thnk there is a bad sled made all are pretty darn good.:)

momoney2123

I agree ya if doo had a new improved platform they would release it corps don't spend AR&D money on new products then throw it to the side and wait. All product lines have lifetime market projections. BUT the 1 thing you need to know when talking record sales years that go back to the 90s doo was probably #3 back then. Doo had great engines but theire sleds were known as mules very heavy ,buckers & the MXZ platform was justt starting to improve. Polaris back then was #1 by far with the wedge with Ac a distant #2. Market shares have changed with time but overall in 2015 I don't thnk there is a bad sled made all are pretty darn good.:)

They have a new platform. they have been seen. when it comes, no one knows. I dont think even doo's forecast saw them gaining this much share with the virtually same chassis for 8 years. their weakest sales segment was mountain, and according to some on dootalk they have taken that over as well.

whitedust

They have a new platform. they have been seen. when it comes, no one knows. I dont think even doo's forecast saw them gaining this much share with the virtually same chassis for 8 years. their weakest sales segment was mountain, and according to some on dootalk they have taken that over as well.

Just because there is an R&D sled on trails from any OEM does not mean much other than they are testing something. Test units for Yamaha have been out there for years. Product managers sit down with engineering, production & bean counters to weigh profitabilty to incremental sales. They all have AR&D units on trails to me so what? To say Doo has taken over the mountain segment you are drunk on yellow cool aide Polaris is #1 there by along shot. Get real.... lol

L

lenny

Just because there is an R&D sled on trails from any OEM does not mean much other than they are testing something. Test units for Yamaha have been out there for years. Product managers sit down with engineering, production & bean counters to weigh profitabilty to incremental sales. They all have AR&D units on trails to me so what? To say Doo has taken over the mountain segment you are drunk on yellow cool aide Polaris is #1 there by along shot. Get real.... lol

come on Pete, don't pick on momoney, he read it on doo talk,,, no way all the doo owners could get it wrong. After all, they have "t-motion" and the worlds best trail sleds have "r-motion" with all kinds of letters for modules. Doo ownes us and till we come to a realistic we will be second best, market share proves it right, every dealer in the US is sold out just like VanHalen shows in 1985.

Must be kinda be a fluke thing with a doo dealer in Bergland still has new doo's available, weird hey?

Last edited:

1fujifilm

come on Pete, don't pick on momoney, he read it on doo talk,,, no way all the doo owners could get it wrong. After all, they have "t-motion" and the worlds best trail sleds have "r-motion" with all kinds of letters for modules. Doo ownes us and till we come to a realistic we will be second best, market share proves it right, every dealer in the US is sold out just like VanHalen shows in 1985.

Must be kinda be a fluke thing with a doo dealer in Bergland still has new doo's available, weird hey?

No disrespect intended but in the Fox Valley area of WI up to North Green Bay there is a bit of price war between Ski-Doo dealers for bragging rights on who is the largest Ski-Doo dealer in the USA. Prices are awesome to boot and preorders are huge, this makes for smaller dealers priced out due to volume.

There is a billboard between Green Bay and Luxemburg saying Simonar sales is the largest Ski-Doo dealer in U.S. This is huge for such a small dealer with an outstanding reputation for price, service and friendliness. I am sure we each have our favorite dealer but that billboard speaks volumes.

My thoughts, Frank

D

Deleted member 10829

Are you kidding? Give us some sales numbers that justify that. I try to stay out of this stuff lately, but momoney2123 is over the top! He keeps taking pom pom waiver to another level. I just have to laugh. I thought I was bad. LMFAO!!

ezra

all the corps have chassis on the snow testing for yrs . I know the cat lay down twin was being tested before 2000 the M was being tested in o2 . mules are just that dose not mean they are sitting on anything. as far as taking over mountain sales that is just a sad wishful statement buy a hoard or cheerleaders . 1 trip to any trail head will show u doo is a solid #3 on the hills and has been for well over 10 yrs

- - - Updated - - -

all the corps have chassis on the snow testing for yrs . I know the cat lay down twin was being tested before 2000 the M was being tested in o2 . mules are just that dose not mean they are sitting on anything. as far as taking over mountain sales that is just a sad wishful statement buy a hoard or cheerleaders . 1 trip to any trail head will show u doo is a solid #3 on the hills and has been for well over 10 yrs oh almost forgot a bud just plunked down for a iron dog today

L

lenny

No disrespect intended but in the Fox Valley area of WI up to North Green Bay there is a bit of price war between Ski-Doo dealers for bragging rights on who is the largest Ski-Doo dealer in the USA. Prices are awesome to boot and preorders are huge, this makes for smaller dealers priced out due to volume.

There is a billboard between Green Bay and Luxemburg saying Simonar sales is the largest Ski-Doo dealer in U.S. This is huge for such a small dealer with an outstanding reputation for price, service and friendliness. I am sure we each have our favorite dealer but that billboard speaks volumes.

My thoughts, Frank

Frank, thanks for a great informative post. I do believe that as doo has awesome products and like you said in that region good competition. It is encouraging to see powersports sales doing very well, great for the economy. I have a group of friend coming up in a few weeks that are gonna rent some sleds and so I called 2 doo dealers and both still has sleds left, one slim but still available, the other with many still. I am sure momoney is a good guy it's just aggravating to see hyped up posts but the good thing about momoney is that he is passionate and truly loves his brand and you cannot fault a guy for that.

Hoosier

Never was a Doo fan. Not sure why - just don't like yellow I guess. Anyway, it's hard to deny how much they seem to be doing for the sport in terms of supporting clubs, trails, avy classes, etc. It's good to see.

L

lenny

Are you kidding? Give us some sales numbers that justify that. I try to stay out of this stuff lately, but momoney2123 is over the top! He keeps taking pom pom waiver to another level. I just have to laugh. I thought I was bad. LMFAO!!

Mark, your not bad. Funny thing now is that all 4 are making awesome sleds and each has it's niche. The problem I see is that this sport is so diverse in application and riders are in a wide age range so no one sled fits all. How can a sled fit age, style, aggressiveness, comfort, economic, fit & finish. Implying one does it all is arrogant at best and that's my point or contention. It's disrespectful to others to pedal brand loyalty to the masses and it only makes the peddler feel good about his purchase.

momoney2123

I did get to ride the axys switchback yesterday. Its a nice sled no doubt. Wasnt long enough to get a good feel for it but it was a smooth ride.

- - - Updated - - -

1 trip to any trail head will show u doo is a solid #3 on the hills and has been for well over 10 yrs

- - - Updated - - -

Yea to be honest i have no idea, just what i was reading when im bored browsing the mountain section on dootalk.

Woodtic

Doo is sold out of sleds the second week of Jan? Not only would that be on the inter web but,Forbes,Wall Street Journal, and The Guinness Book of World records.

ezra

no they are not sold out . I was at my local doo dealer yesterday there were sleds on the floor .I did not ask about inventory but was 1 for every type of rider .we have no real snow around here so I am sure that is a big part.

Just to keep this pot stirred up, I backcountry ski Vail pass(the past 15 years). I always see I'd say 3 to 1 summits . Maybe it's a regional thing idk.

Yes, Lenny, in fact we do have 2015 ski-doo's in stock, actually about 20 of them, at Timberline In Bergland.

Guess I'm wondering what your point is?

-Mark