Information On 2019 Releases??

dothedoo

Better? Do you even own one of the slow Doo 4 strokes?

If the 1200 is better why did they drop it? Heck they didn’t even build it 100%. I think any intelligent person knows that.

btw, big HP sells, I know of a good 10-12 guys just in my area that bought Winders or TCats, about half came off of Ski Doo.

If SD had a big HP turbo guys like yourself would be beating your chest....best thing ever!!

The 2 Doo 4 strokes I have are closing in on a combined 20,000 miles. Quite familiar with both the 1200 and 900.

Yes...I'm sure you personally know 10-12 guys that bought Sidewinders and Tcats. lol

journeyman

The 2 Doo 4 strokes I have are closing in on a combined 20,000 miles. Quite familiar with both the 1200 and 900.

Yes...I'm sure you personally know 10-12 guys that bought Sidewinders and Tcats. lol

What’s to LoL about, 2 I ride with and one of those 2 bought another for his wife. A few of the others used to race and love big power. One actually does tune flashes for Hurricane and holds all sorts of asphalt and drag records. I know plenty of big name folks in the snow biz.

I have 16,000 on my older Attak. Looking at a SW that’s priced well too.

I don’t dislike any mfg’s, hope they all stay in the game. All 4 have been on top of the market too. Just get tired of the sarcastic remarks so I called you out.

Have a good day!

momoney2123

Sounds like some aftermarket guys are already talking about the 900T tuning. Early indicators is the small turbo will pump out 16lbs of boost max. With some timing this should put the 900 around 200HP.

Stock it runs on 87 octane.

whitedust

Sounds like some aftermarket guys are already talking about the 900T tuning. Early indicators is the small turbo will pump out 16lbs of boost max. With some timing this should put the 900 around 200HP.

Are you sure I saw 91 on doo site??? For 900T....

journeyman

As long as the ignition is not locked like the auto industry is moving towards.

old abe

whitedust; Please excuse my sarcasm. No harm intended!!! You are a solid, fully committed snowmobile guy, and that I respect. I do understand you, and many others sledders going to 4 strokes due to 2 stroke failures of one kind or another. Yes, all the mfr's had them. I also understand your thoughts as to servicing the problems no matter what it was. You, and the other riders like you, very much like the 4 stroke reliability, durability, torque, and so on!!! So do I!!! I would say if you watch the mountain guys, they will provide you with what you are looking for in reliability, durability, and forcing the hp issues with this new 900T. It's being available in the G4 platform, and its light weight, compact size, they will pound this thing hard. They love the turbo advantage!!! The PDrive clutch will benefit all riders, no matter how, or where they ride. There are many more variants of the ACE engines to come in the future as it appears. I will be waiting on the one just below this 150hp. It doesn't seem this 150 is the highest HP variant ACE engine you will see. As the Ace engine line was developed as to be multi purposed from the get go. Doo/Rotax has worked on this 900T for some years now. It would surprise me if there were any problems other than perhaps tweaking the first year clutch tuning. Happy trails, be safe, and please keep us updated on riding conditions as you see them!!!

journeyman

If thats the case then no thank you for me. But Given dave dunn and others have already tuned the Maverick X3 900T engines, i highly doubt its locked out.

I look at this as a good thing. I am hoping more 4s offerings hit the market with turbo applications for snowmobiles. With Ski Doo offering it in the 900 they went for decent trail power and lighter weight than the 1200. Depending on their success they could still offer a larger boosted machine to compete in the big HP class. Just not sure it will be the 1200 or not if it is true they have to pay royalties on that motor as mentioned in earlier post.

Personally I am hoping Yamaha/Cat does the same and offers the new Wolverine 847 4s twin with a turbo in a ProCross type chassis. They could easily hit the 150 hp mark and it would be a good replacement for the Apex power point which will be gone for 2019.

The car industry as we speak is going with the smaller 4 cyl engines with turbos to get decent power and better fuel mileage as the V6 engines are fading away in the popular SUV markets.

whitedust

All the specs say 91. A skidoo engineer came on the Q and A and said 87 octane.

- - - Updated - - -

Waiting to hear if demo's are going to be coming. i really want to ride one.

Thanks I don't care 87 or 91 I don't check pump prices just fill up...lol... just saw 91 on doo site. I want to throw a leg over a gade 900T too have not been on a doo since 1200 GSX maybe 2010 ish. Local dealer had me scheduled for test ride in Munising a few years ago when he thought a 150 hp 4s would be released. When it didn't happen I told him to give my spot to someone else. It's been awhile from seat of my pants but always looking and studying doo 4s.:)

old abe

All the specs say 91. A skidoo engineer came on the Q and A and said 87 octane.

- - - Updated - - -

Waiting to hear if demo's are going to be coming. i really want to ride one.

momoney, are you sure on that 87??? I think that's the hp variant below the 150???

whitedust

whitedust; Please excuse my sarcasm. No harm intended!!! You are a solid, fully committed snowmobile guy, and that I respect. I do understand you, and many others sledders going to 4 strokes due to 2 stroke failures of one kind or another. Yes, all the mfr's had them. I also understand your thoughts as to servicing the problems no matter what it was. You, and the other riders like you, very much like the 4 stroke reliability, durability, torque, and so on!!! So do I!!! I would say if you watch the mountain guys, they will provide you with what you are looking for in reliability, durability, and forcing the hp issues with this new 900T. It's being available in the G4 platform, and its light weight, compact size, they will pound this thing hard. They love the turbo advantage!!! The PDrive clutch will benefit all riders, no matter how, or where they ride. There are many more variants of the ACE engines to come in the future as it appears. I will be waiting on the one just below this 150hp. It doesn't seem this 150 is the highest HP variant ACE engine you will see. As the Ace engine line was developed as to be multi purposed from the get go. Doo/Rotax has worked on this 900T for some years now. It would surprise me if there were any problems other than perhaps tweaking the first year clutch tuning. Happy trails, be safe, and please keep us updated on riding conditions as you see them!!!

Thanks Abe we are good!! :)

durphee

Never have to much power IMO. Just cause u have 200+ doesn't mean your always using it. We do lot of lake racing so power is always wanted.

I rode a 1200 turbo with around 300 HP for a day down the trail and it was fun....Not gona lie. It did get heavy but still fun. If the 900 could have 200ish with even remotely as light feeling as an 850 it will be a success.

Perfectly good answer to me! I guess for me is that it would have to feel as nimble as the 850 or my 800 Assault. I don't do lake racing but I do enjoy watching!

momoney2123

momoney, are you sure on that 87??? I think that's the hp variant below the 150???

I personally am not positive, but on the live video feed where people were asking questions about 900T, they asked what octane fuel in 900T and he said regular fuel 87 octane....

- - - Updated - - -

For sure it doesn't matter! 91 octane or higher is usually ethanol free in northern Wisc and the U.P. ALWAYS USE PREMIUM

I agree, i would only thro 87 in a pinch, as i have done in the past. etecs can handle it im sure the 900t can too.

old abe

For sure it doesn't matter! 91 octane or higher is usually ethanol free in northern Wisc and the U.P. ALWAYS USE PREMIUM

FYI!!! 91 usually E Free. 93 usually E blend. This is not set in stone, but is the norm. Most all non E Prem is @91, and no more, no matter the flag flying. Watch the 93, and check pump to be sure of no E. Just trying to help dfattack.

old abe

momoney; I sure hope your are right on the 87oct. Just makes it that much easier!!! Perhaps the 125 hp is close????????????????