SE WI - Walworth - Waukesha - Racine - Kenosha - Jefferson Counties

SledTL

Looks like Walworth is open as well. Racine is still closed for some reason....4" and frozen ground used to be the rule , now too many ppl rule over the trail openings anymore.
I take it back, McHenry closed. I'm 350 miles away so I just see FB posts.

euphoric1

Looks like Walworth is open as well. Racine is still closed for some reason....4" and frozen ground used to be the rule , now too many ppl rule over the trail openings anymore.
someone rode out in union grove area between last night and this morning... DIRT TRAIL, I agree with whitedust...need more snow. Won't be open long.

whitedust

someone rode out in union grove area between last night and this morning... DIRT TRAIL, I agree with whitedust...need more snow. Won't be open long.
John sees change in storm track from Canada to west to east flow which increases SE Wi to get hit by a hooker low that brings up gulf moisture. I’ll take my chances with that. Lakes and rivers are rideable now but be safe check ice conditions. I know we’re frustrated but worth waiting imo.

snobuilder

OK I'll say my annual piece....LOL Once the ground is good and frozen, Let the sled owners figure out if the trails are sled worthy. I might have 5 miles in front of my house that look great. I should be able to run it back and forth all day if I chose. We never get pristine trails down here so the whole "save the trails" line is nonsense. No one is vaccine forcing you to take your sled out.....ever.

snobuilder

John sees change in storm track from Canada to west to east flow which increases SE Wi to get hit by a hooker low that brings up gulf moisture. I’ll take my chances with that. Lakes and rivers are rideable now but be safe check ice conditions. I know we’re frustrated but worth waiting imo.
Fingers crossed.

whitedust

OK I'll say my annual piece....LOL Once the ground is good and frozen, Let the sled owners figure out if the trails are sled worthy. I might have 5 miles in front of my house that look great. I should be able to run it back and forth all day if I chose. We never get pristine trails down here so the whole "save the trails" line is nonsense. No one is vaccine forcing you to take your sled out.....ever.
Have at it my friend always your choice if trails are open go for it. My post was meant to inform out of area riders it’s poor at best and in need of a good dumping as we’re are still in severe drought conditions.

snobuilder

30's tomorrow and weekend, if they open we will have to start all over again
So what. Unfortunately I think the world has more and more control freaks in it and they show up everywhere now even forgetting WHY they are out grooming....news flash....it's not so the look pretty and stay that way....it's so all of us who flit the bill can ride them.

whitedust

As of this 8AM this morning Walworth and Racine county snowmobile trails are closed. Some grooming for trail preparation which is a good thing.