Sleds 2022.

Sucker born every minute. Like Ezra said....it'll be worth $5000 in 4 years and 4000 miles. I'd never do that, and I can afford it.

Wife and I were at a dealer on Tuesday, she wants a Ranger. Salesmen trying to sell us on ordering with all options - better deal. $24K...for something that you ride around your property, and maybe down to town. Nutz

Our last two Polaris SxS were well North of that #, but we do use a lot and enjoy. Current one is a 2018 and just turned 26,000 miles.

katden4

Sucker born every minute. Like Ezra said....it'll be worth $5000 in 4 years and 4000 miles. I'd never do that, and I can afford it.

Wife and I were at a dealer on Tuesday, she wants a Ranger. Salesmen trying to sell us on ordering with all options - better deal. $24K...for something that you ride around your property, and maybe down to town. Nutz

your only a sucker if you don't use it. If its what you want, and you use it, its worth what you pay.

hermie

your only a sucker if you don't use it. If its what you want, and you use it, its worth what you pay.

Exactly why do people care what other people spend there money on. If it's what you enjoy and you can afford it then do it. I don't think twice about what my sleds cost. It is what I enjoy and me and the wife try to ride every weekend we can. Life is short and we get one trip around so do what you enjoy you can't take it with you when you go.

timmer72

One of the most pathetic anniversary (60th)releases I have ever seen. The saying (they are not even trying) is not even remotely suitable. It's been almost 16 months since the last model year release, and all they could come up with is power steering for the thundercat/sidewinder and stickers? I was disappointed with last year's uninspiring lineup so after selling my ZR 6000 last spring I took a year off for the first time since 1991. When I noticed the 60th anniversary has only miniscule differences from the 50th anniversary , it an easy decision to go to a brand that actually wants my business.

old abe

One of the most pathetic anniversary (60th)releases I have ever seen. The saying (they are not even trying) is not even remotely suitable. It's been almost 16 months since the last model year release, and all they could come up with is power steering for the thundercat/sidewinder and stickers? I was disappointed with last year's uninspiring lineup so after selling my ZR 6000 last spring I took a year off for the first time since 1991. When I noticed the 60th anniversary has only miniscule differences from the 50th anniversary , it an easy decision to go to a brand that actually wants my business.

Can only assume AC?

timmer72

Yami not far behind, eh?

Yes Arctic Cat, but not the Arctic Cat I remember.. I can only assume Yamaha is going the same way, since essentially no one comments on details of their arrangements with Arctic Cat... I figured they may want to create something new to distance themselves from the whole BRP suit/settlement fiasco... Looking like the status quo will lead them right out of the sport.

old abe

Yes Arctic Cat, but not the Arctic Cat I remember.. I can only assume Yamaha is going the same way, since essentially no one comments on details of their arrangements with Arctic Cat... I figured they may want to create something new to distance themselves from the whole BRP suit/settlement fiasco... Looking like the status quo will lead them right out of the sport.

Yeah, well, it now appears that the Textron/AC deal is going south, down. I remember in the 1970's when Textron owned Polaris, and all but destroyed them. I thought Textron had better management now, however it doesn't appear that is the case. Very sad as they could have been a real force to reckon with in the snowmobile business. Such as manufacturing their own engines, 2 stroke, 4s stroke, and chassis in a high tech modular design/build process. However, I started to lose my confidence in that going to happen as they let all of the "Cat, in the know" snowmobile guys" go away. It now seems just as Yamaha, Textron is not really fully committed to the snowmobile business. Perhaps now they die together, eh? Very shameful.

Cirrus

I've thought it's BRP & Polaris for 5 years or more. No reason to look anywhere else. Money and market share tell the whole story. Who's number 1 & 2 - very close together, and who's 3 & 4? Follow the money....and that says BRP and Pol all day long. Textron, like Yamaha, is too big of a company to focus on a niche market like snowmobiles. It's all about ATV's and SxS in powersports, primarily. Talk to many old timers up north, and they see sleds as a dying sport.
If they cared at all about the business, prices of new sleds wouldn't have tripled+ in 20 years. You know why that is....amortizing overhead costs over FAR less volume, and material costs at lower purchase volume, really jacks up the unit cost. I love the sport, but I'll be damned if I'll pay $15K to get the performance I want for a 2-2.5 month season.

1fujifilm

Whoa! That's a lot of cabbage, eh!

- - - Updated - - -

Did you do any riding this season? If so, on what, TC?

Spring ordered a 21 850 X Gade with $500 coupon.
Put on 880 miles (lowest is 20ish years) and sold it for $100 more than I paid (thanks COVID).

Doing the same for 22,

Never rode with P.D. or Slim, sad winter for sure.

Bear

goofy600

Spring ordered a 21 850 X Gade with $500 coupon.
Put on 880 miles (lowest is 20ish years) and sold it for $100 more than I paid (thanks COVID).

Doing the same for 22,

Never rode with P.D. or Slim, sad winter for sure.

Bear

Bear where did you get the coupon?

old abe

I've thought it's BRP & Polaris for 5 years or more. No reason to look anywhere else. Money and market share tell the whole story. Who's number 1 & 2 - very close together, and who's 3 & 4? Follow the money....and that says BRP and Pol all day long. Textron, like Yamaha, is too big of a company to focus on a niche market like snowmobiles. It's all about ATV's and SxS in powersports, primarily. Talk to many old timers up north, and they see sleds as a dying sport.
If they cared at all about the business, prices of new sleds wouldn't have tripled+ in 20 years. You know why that is....amortizing overhead costs over FAR less volume, and material costs at lower purchase volume, really jacks up the unit cost. I love the sport, but I'll be damned if I'll pay $15K to get the performance I want for a 2-2.5 month season.

Spot on you are Cirrus imo! I can't disagree with any of that! Yam, and Textron, pretty much stacked their own deck for a losing hand, and game, eh! No ones fault but their own! I have thought many times that Kip seen this could be coming, and did the right thing bringing in Poo, as Yam became a limited offering of sleds.

kip

Yes, we brought in Polaris to grow our business no doubt. There was a great deal of Polaris customers in our area from two previous dealers that did a fine job, but unfortunately both closed up. We just took over the #1 spot in the district for Polaris snowmobiles. They're grabbing quite a bit of market share and they're a very aggressive company. My ties to Yamaha remain as strong as ever, and they're committed to their customers. It may not seem like it with a small production of sleds, but the customers they do have they back very well with the best warranty support in the business. I know the haters don't want to believe it, but our numbers with them are very strong. There are many customers out there who want what Yamaha builds, and more importantly they want the support Yamaha offers their customers. I'm thankful for all 4 brands still being involved with sleds. Remember, it wasn't too long ago when Polaris struggled and almost were sunk by their snowmobile division, now look! It can happen, all brands have their ups and downs through the years, and the difference is nowadays is that people are less tolerant or patient for that matter. We all know the shortcomings from each manufacturer and yes some are bigger than others. Hey, I'll say it again in case some of you forgot. Yamaha makes a light weight sled!

eagle1

Good point Kip......Polaris has made quite the turnaround in snow division. I really wonder where they'd be if they hadn't signed Chris Burandt. One best business moves ever.