Trespassing vidio Watch and discuss

harvest1121

- - - Updated - - -

Agree 100%. That's my position. Even if he has a trespassing problem in the past, it's for the police to handle, not for him to handle the way he did.[/QUOTE]

Like the police would be there in time. Its easy do not ride if you do not know where you are.

xsledder

- - - Updated - -Like the police would be there in time. Its easy do not ride if you do not know where you are.

I don't follow. Where did I condone trespassing? I never said they where right, the sledders are wrong for trespassing. I think the guy with the gun was way off base with his actions. He could have just as easily stop them from the truck by waving them down and gave them a piece of his mind from inside the truck. Taken down their registration numbers and gone to the police about the incident. Two wrongs don't make a right. There is no way you can convince me he was justified to do what he did. I guess I have a cooler head then others.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure the guy ain't psycho enough to shoot you, gun is just there to scare you.

Are you assuming this?

indy_500

Hey my neighbors dog is always trespassing on my property taking a crap in my yard. It pizzes me off so does that give me the right to start kicking it???

fatdaddy

If a guy jumps out of his truck waiving a gun, kicks your sled and hits your buddy yelling at you. You never assume he's just trying to scare you. You assume your life is about to end soon.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pretty sure the guy ain't psycho enough to shoot you, gun is just there to scare you.

Maybe, willing to risk your life on that assumption? I
know I'm not. Surely not over the fact that he kicked the hood of my sled. Heck, you do more damage in the woods. :)

xsledder

Hey my neighbors dog is always trespassing on my property taking a crap in my yard. It pizzes me off so does that give me the right to start kicking it???

What does you neighbor's dog have to do with this? Was it ride a snowmobile? Does it even understand the concept of trespassing or know what a gun is? (I don't think so. :rolleyes:) It just has to poo and since you have a poo, he figures to give you more. (The last sentence is just a joke.)

Last edited:

russholio

You're equating the actions of an animal with those of a human, who theoretically has the ability to think with logic and reasoning?

"Pretty sure" vs. "Positive" very well could mean the difference between taking the dirt nap and walking away. With that guy's body language, actions, and manner of carrying his shotgun you're a braver soul than me for assuming he didn't intend to use it.

dab102999

If a guy jumps out of his truck waiving a gun, kicks your sled and hits your buddy yelling at you. You never assume he's just trying to scare you. You assume your life is about to end soon.[/QUOTE

BINGO...

..in many states his action would have been considered assult...at very least in most states it would have been considered brandishing which is not a light charge at all. now i do not know the laws in canada and that is the big if here as to how much trouble one could be in.

fatdaddy

It appears to me we have assult and battery with a deadly weapon.

In common law, assault is the act of creating apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact with a person.[1]

An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm. It is both a crime and a tort and, therefore, may result in either criminal and/or civil liability. Generally, the common law definition is the same in criminal and tort law. There is, however, an additional criminal law category of assault consisting of an attempted but unsuccessful battery. The term is often confused with battery, which involves physical contact. The specific meaning of assault varies between countries, but can refer to an act that causes another to apprehend immediate and personal violence, or in the more limited sense of a threat of violence caused by an immediate show of force.[2][3] Assault in many US jurisdictions[which?] and Scotland is defined more broadly still as any intentional physical contact with another person without their consent; but in England and Wales and in most[citation needed] other common law jurisdictions in the world, this is defined instead as battery.

D

Deleted member 10829

The guy should be charged IMO before he takes it a step further next time!

snobuilder

Lol, so the guy has a shotgun in his hands, and a couple of you are thinking you would "drop the guy" for kicking your sled. Thats comical right there i tell ya!

The guy who got head slapped should pulled a gun and wasted the shotgun totin kook, ...yea, I agree with your logic, skylar...LOL...they was on neutral land....LOL

fatdaddy

Charged with what? And what about the snowmobilers should they be charged and with what?

hello Goofy660, sledders charged with trespassing and the farmer gets assult and battery with a deadly weapon and potentially tresspassing and kidnapping.

L

lenny

If a guy jumps out of his truck waiving a gun, kicks your sled and hits your buddy yelling at you. You never assume he's just trying to scare you. You assume your life is about to end soon.
not the opinion I hold. That clown is a fool for acting so stupid with that gun. Most the time the gun could have been easily yanked away from him and that is exactly what I would have done, and I have but it was a knife. I would have easily took the gun from him, busted it in half and thrown it as far as I could throw it,,without even thinking about it.

On my honeymoon I was about 3 weeks sober from a 5 year love affair with weed. Wife and I were in Virgin Islands and half drunk on New Years eve. I decided I wanted to take a stroll and score a doobie from a local at about 2 in the AM,,,,not a smart move. Some scum bagd I asked said "no problem mon" so we slipped into a parked excursion vehicle and I was waiting for this gentleman to hand me a joint but he was apprehensive and said he thought I was a cop. I told him no but I noticed he was glaring at my wedding ring and expensive gold neck chain. Right away he grabs a 8" butcher knife from his back pocket and just stands there about 3 ft from me but he doesn't understand I am spooked and have monkey arms. i didn't even think ab out it and grabbed the knife from him and chased the rat bastard down the stairs and out into the street. I told the yank he's lucky he's not dead and threw the knife across the street and into the ocean. I never remember making the decision to grab the knife it was just an reaction as I didn't want to loose valuables or get bloodied.

This guy with the shot gun gets way to close to the guy off the sled and gun easily in position to be removed, no brainer IMO. I would not take that threat with no response regardless. Sure, it may have been my last day but that's life. That clown needs to learn a lesson about aggression before he dies