Trespassing vidio Watch and discuss

fatdaddy

lenny, I think you misunderstood my meaning, Indy quoted he just wanted to scare the sledders, I responded you never assume that you assume your life is in jepordy and you need to do what ever action to save your own. I agree with you he should have had his *** kicked.

- - - Updated - - -

kidnapping is a long shot but add it to the list

kidnapping occurs when any person is unlawfully and non-consensually asported and held for certain purposes. These purposes include gaining a ransom or reward; facilitating the commission of a felony or a flight after the commission of a felony; terrorizing or inflicting bodily injury on the victim or a third person; and interfering with a governmental or political function (Model Penal Code § 212.1).

snobuilder

Someone please clarify what obligation the sledders had to assume the shotgun toting man was indeed telling the truth that he owned spit?
It's guys like him who will get me to cc soon.

fatdaddy

Here we go, never assume anything, your life is decided by facts not assumptions. I assumed the gun was empty, how many dead people are here to say that one.

L

lenny

Here we go, never assume anything, your life is decided by facts not assumptions. I assumed the gun was empty, how many dead people are here to say that one.

I would assume the gun is loaded and with his erratic actions and aggression, the threat needs to be resolved and IMO force is the proper method because he is highly agitated and unpredictable, not something I would feel like siting by and hoping for the best.

snobuilder

assume the gun is loaded...of course!.., then I'd also assume he is a nutball and pull my own weapon when he started headslappin my bud. Because at that point i DO NOT know who he in fact is...land owner or not...the proof was never presented either way....thats why you don't lead off a conversation with a drawn weapon.

Last edited:
L

lenny

assume the gun is loaded...of course!.., then I'd also assume he is a nutball and pull my own weapon when he started headslappin my bud. Because at that point i DO NOT know who he in fact is...land owner or not...the proof was never presented either way....thats why you don't lead off a conversation with a drawn weapon.

exactly, brilliant! Like I said, the gun guy is lucky he meet up with two level headed dudes because I can be fairly certain that 3-4 times out of ten there would be some extra contact,,,if you know what I mean,,,lol

uncle_ed

I commend those lads for keeping a cool head in a potentially life threatening situation. They may have been in the wrong by being where they were but when confronted by angry nut job like that I think they did the right thing by not provoking him further. Any outcome other than what happened in the video could have left someone hurt or dead but also would have added fuel to the fire against snowmobilers as not only trespassers but thugs. At this point I think the gun toting whacko has his tit in the ringer!!!

blutooth

More power to the landowner. The sledders were entirely disrespectful through the whole encounter. Continually asking what they did wrong. Asking the landowner what his problem was. Patronizing the landowner telling him to calm down. If the sledders had not been where they shouldn't have been (they admit in the article they were trespassing), the encounter would not have happened. End of story.

The location of this encounter has a lot to play into it as well. Out in the middle of Saskatchewan where the landowner only has himself to rely on, he has to be prepared. This wasn't Cook County or even the UP where a sheriff is at most 15 minutes away. How could the landowner know if the sledders had a Glock within ridiculously easy reach like the Moose Shooter did - he couldn't until he talked to them (aside from the fact that handguns are pretty rare in Canada)? Or even what was stopping the sledder from pinning it right at the landowner to scare/hit him rather than stopping. At least he had some way to protect himself from people who just got done trampling his rights.

Given the usual trespassing threads on this forum, I was a little surprised by the majority defense of the sledders. This video is a good example of exactly not what you as a sledder should do if you get caught trespassing - and we have all been there at least once. A little remorse and courtesy to the landowner at the beginning and I bet $100 no sleds get kicked and no one gets slapped in the head. Not once did the sledders apologize and in fact acted as if the landowner was inconveniencing them! And they didn't just have to jump in their truck to chase down some a-holes who were in violating their personal property rights.

The words of those involved says it all:
Snowmobiler #2: "I got off my sled and in a fairly aggressive tone, said 'what the F are you doing?'"
Landowner: "I was really, really upset. Especially when they asked what they did wrong,"

This video is detrimental to snowmobiling and the story and video never should have been taken public. Just look at the poll on the bottom of the article over 70% of over 5,000 respondents sided with the landowner - and I am assuming most are Canadians so guns are an even smaller part of their culture than in the US. Like it or not the public and landowners are frustrated with snowmobilers trespassing, and these 2 buffoons did nothing to help sledding.

L

lenny

More power to the landowner. The sledders were entirely disrespectful through the whole encounter. Continually asking what they did wrong. Asking the landowner what his problem was. Patronizing the landowner telling him to calm down. If the sledders had not been where they shouldn't have been (they admit in the article they were trespassing), the encounter would not have happened. End of story.

The location of this encounter has a lot to play into it as well. Out in the middle of Saskatchewan where the landowner only has himself to rely on, he has to be prepared. This wasn't Cook County or even the UP where a sheriff is at most 15 minutes away. How could the landowner know if the sledders had a Glock within ridiculously easy reach like the Moose Shooter did - he couldn't until he talked to them (aside from the fact that handguns are pretty rare in Canada)? Or even what was stopping the sledder from pinning it right at the landowner to scare/hit him rather than stopping. At least he had some way to protect himself from people who just got done trampling his rights.

Given the usual trespassing threads on this forum, I was a little surprised by the majority defense of the sledders. This video is a good example of exactly not what you as a sledder should do if you get caught trespassing - and we have all been there at least once. A little remorse and courtesy to the landowner at the beginning and I bet $100 no sleds get kicked and no one gets slapped in the head. Not once did the sledders apologize and in fact acted as if the landowner was inconveniencing them! And they didn't just have to jump in their truck to chase down some a-holes who were in violating their personal property rights.

Snowmobiler #2: "I got off my sled and in a fairly aggressive tone, said 'what the F are you doing?'"
Landowner: "I was really, really upset. Especially when they asked what they did wrong,"

This video is detrimental to snowmobiling and the story and video never should have been taken public. Just look at the poll on the bottom of the article over 70% of over 5,000 respondents sided with the landowner - and I am assuming most are Canadians so guns are an even smaller part of their culture than in the US. Like it or not the public and landowners are frustrated with snowmobilers trespassing, and these 2 buffoons did nothing to help sledding.

No doubt, based on that premise, snowmobilers are wrong and land owner right but the bigger question is the landowner excessive aggression. To think that the sledders are carrying a glock and to act as he did is not reasonable. The land owner has every right to be ticked and even super ticked but to do what he did is just stupid, even more so than the sledders trespassing. The land owner is lucky he didn't get his butt kicked for such stupidity. Remember, two wrongs do not make a right. I also defend the land owner in his right to stop trespassing but by possible deadly force, you'll never convince me that it's the proper approach.

goofy600

Lenny question for you. If the land owner still came out to confront the two up did not kick the guys sled and slap the other guy and just told they to get off his property
And not come back would that have been acceptable action? Because in my mine that is what made the land owner look bad. I agree the what blutooth said, if you were
Stopped on someone's else's land would you ask the question what did I do wrong the hop off your sled and run at the guy questioning you? There was difinitly bad actions
On both sides.

goofy600

I realy think this was staged , just sayin

Maybe but I don't think so because it made both parties look stupid
If snowmobilers did it to make landowner look bad that part worked
but they also looked stupid in the process. jmo

slickwilly08

I would have taken my helmet off, and hit him in the head with it. The landowner was way to aggressive. Especially when he assaulted the 2nd snowmobiler.

indy_500

Lenny question for you. If the land owner still came out to confront the two up did not kick the guys sled and slap the other guy and just told they to get off his property
And not come back would that have been acceptable action? Because in my mine that is what made the land owner look bad. I agree the what blutooth said, if you were
Stopped on someone's else's land would you ask the question what did I do wrong the hop off your sled and run at the guy questioning you? There was difinitly bad actions
On both sides.
That would totally be acceptable. It's the whole kicking the sled part that would've set me off.

xcr440

My thoughts exactly. If you KNOW you are trespassing, and have the land owner confront you, you are going to aggressively ride up to the guy and start calling him out? Sheesh.

I think the sledders are lucky the land owner had enough cool not to use the gun. If not, two hot heads wouldn't have made a right, and we'd be reading about this on the local, or even national news. Black mark on snowmobiling for sure, regardless of all the hoopla about kickin' the guys *** for a foot print on your precious little snowmobile.

ranlam

The poll should be " who kicks his azz or talks there way out of it",lol.
This video is probably shown to millions who are intrested in the Tree Hugging propaganda.
This is why everyone should carry a gun, right, to heck with that levelheadness !

L

lenny

On both sides.

maybe it was an honest question to ask what he did wrong. It seems weird to think he would make that up. Regardless, it's a high risk move when you bring strong aggression and a weapon in the mix. If you do such a thing you ought to be prepared for an equal or stronger reaction. We all get upset when someone violates us but to smack, stomp and wield a gun is over the top. I understand the landowners position and he has the right to be mad and get them guys out of there but it's a poor display of attitude regardless if he was justified in strong emotions. Leave the weapons and the tantrum aside, there's a better way,,,IMO

L

lenny

My thoughts exactly. If you KNOW you are trespassing, and have the land owner confront you, you are going to aggressively ride up to the guy and start calling him out? Sheesh.

I think the sledders are lucky the land owner had enough cool not to use the gun. If not, two hot heads wouldn't have made a right, and we'd be reading about this on the local, or even national news. Black mark on snowmobiling for sure, regardless of all the hoopla about kickin' the guys *** for a foot print on your precious little snowmobile.

that makes a lot of fricken sense to shoot 2 guys for trespassing and NO, they didn't ride up to the guy with the gun aggressively. I guess what you are saying is if you make a mistake you ought to die,,,lol

If you read the article it says the sledder was stuck and realized he was in a guys yard, he gets unstuck and is heading out and hear comes Darly with a pistol grip sawed off shotgun stomping a sled and smacking a guy in the head. Daryl also said he brought the gun because he was worried for himself,,,l0l,,,worried? When you are worried you aggressive smack someone and kick a sled and run around around with a modified shogun? Old stinkin liar! The fricken landowner is a total yank and a liar. Yea , the two goons trespassing are yanks for being there in the first place but Darly is a major yank.

Last edited:

snobuilder

that makes a lot of fricken sense to shoot 2 guys for trespassing and NO, they didn't ride up to the guy with the gun aggressively. I guess what you are saying is if you make a mistake you ought to die,,,lol

I'm pretty sure most of the ppl who agree with the shotgun weilding guy have never been shot at or returned fire in any situation in there lives.

A simple tresspass NEVER deserves a deadly enforcement response.

The guy with the shotgun never showed proof of who he was either...but i guess if you are weilding deadly force, you don't have to, eh?

Best case senario defense for the offender (Gun totin fool) is that there were repeated tresspassers, and these guys were going to face the rath for ALL of them, dadgummit!!!!!

I heard of a case years ago where a city dweller on a corner lot was sick and tired of school kids cutting the corner and messing his lawn up with foot and bicycle traffic so one day he decided to send a message and the hothead dragged a lone kid into the garage and threatened to put cigarette burns all over him if he ever cut his yard again....same misguided and misdirected anger as this case, except the sleds left NO permanent signs of damage.

BTW, this video does NOTHING to ruin the rep of sledders except to those that is already haters.