2013 Boating Season

ezra

like registration and trailer tags (mine are $180/yr and renew every QUOTE]
are u frigging kidding what a scam
U better get that thing registered in MN 26 to 40ft $67.50 +$5 for invasive spices charge. good for 3 yrs.
if MN pulls that crap that will be the straw that breaks this camel's back . the Chris will be moving to someone else's dock

miked

When I had my old boat slipped in Indiana, they decided to impose the excise tax that Indiana residents have to pay on any boat that sat in the waters for longer than a month. As a result, I had to pony up $400 (it was a percentage of the value of your boat) to the state of IN...in addition to the $3000/year I was paying for a 40 foot slip...AND the $300 EXTRA the marina charged me because my boat was on a lift that stayed bolted to the dock for the winter. Yeah...even though they rescinded the Indiana tax, I still bailed. I'm lucky enough to have room for the boat inside my shop, so we just trailer everywhere...and deal with ridiculous trailer tag prices.

Oh...and this weather SUCKS!!!!

ezra

1 less trail burner in the up this winter .
some buds I would trail ride with in the UP hit a rock wall in a 42 ft formula last night on the st croix. Dave died instantly flew from back seat and hit the dash .pat was driving broken back and neck I guess not good. I am sure he will be doing time for this.

eagle1

Wow, not good. Hopefully alcohol wasn't involved and was just accident. (Maybe its just me but wasn't it pretty crappy out to be boating at 11 pm?)
Similar accident around here few years ago and guy ended up doing time.

miked

Oh man that sucks. One of my employees hit a breakwall at night on Lake Michigan about 10 years ago. Put his 22 Larson right up on top...and only jammed his thumb. No damage to the boat, either. Lucky, lucky, guy.

polarisrider1

Just wondering if "Boating season" will even show up this summer? Long sleeves, jackets and long pants are not what I was expecting this late in the year. Wife has been to boat one time and myself twice. 52 degrees this morning.

polarisrider1

Had a newbie total his boat today in his slip. drunker then drunk, His Girlfriend is fine she jumped off onto the dock just in time, as he hit throttle full force forward in the slip by mistake, tore the top half off boat as he went under the cement dock and shoved a piling thru the hull sinking the boat in 5 feet of water. All caught on video and due to threats from the drunken boater the video was removed from youtube. I am searching for the video as it went on facebook also, but can not locate it to share. no gas spill and the marina in out service lifted the boat out. He's done.

ezra

I still dont have my friging dock in. getting ready to just re shrink wrap the boat and call it a day.
bring on the pow.

eagle1

oh man would love to see that video! How big of boat?

Here ya go,in case you ever wondered what 42' Fountain looks like upside down. Happened few years ago on Wolf river.

For more pics and read the discussion about the accident here's a link- http://wiparty.com/forum/index.php/topic,2259.0.html

upsidedown1.jpg

polarisrider1

oh man would love to see that video! How big of boat?

Here ya go,in case you ever wondered what 42' Fountain looks like upside down. Happened few years ago on Wolf river.

For more pics and read the discussion about the accident here's a link- http://wiparty.com/forum/index.php/topic,2259.0.html

upsidedown1.jpg

I guess it was a 24 or 26 Maxum. new guy seen him in passing, guess he works in Lansing someplace. I searched far and wide for the video on FB and Youtube with no luck.

doospunk

boat1.jpg boat2.jpg car in lake1.jpg

Well, it was most likely the first day out for most boaters "here" this last weekend, and what a start to the season it was. We came across this cruiser on fire on our way back to the launch. Saw it on the news later that evening.... 10 people on board. The boat was approx. 40 to 42 feet. (All made it off ok). In the other pic, someone tried to launch their SUV unsuccessfully........... I've always said I could grab a 12 pack and lawn chair, and just hang out down by the boat launches all day. (This is one good reason).

Last edited:

whitedust

Had a newbie total his boat today in his slip. drunker then drunk, His Girlfriend is fine she jumped off onto the dock just in time, as he hit throttle full force forward in the slip by mistake, tore the top half off boat as he went under the cement dock and shoved a piling thru the hull sinking the boat in 5 feet of water. All caught on video and due to threats from the drunken boater the video was removed from youtube. I am searching for the video as it went on facebook also, but can not locate it to share. no gas spill and the marina in out service lifted the boat out. He's done.

Yep had a simular event on our shared dock on Lake Geneva back in the day. Guy was about to take the dock out totally buzzed & girl friend screaming for help. So I jumped on board when the boat came in on a drunken pass took the helm & docked the boat without any damage. The drunk just sat there didn't say a word too drunk to even move. We secured the boat let the girl friend deal with him to get him out of boat I was just happy we docked the boat & boyfriend had no interest in going back out. Next day he came up to me & I'm thinking he might be pissed but thanked me & I said no problem you needed help so I helped left it at that no under the influence lectures figured he knew he messed up. The things I saw on Lake Geneva on the water would curl your hair clueless people with too much money & huge boats just had to think all the boaters were whacked to protect the family on the water.

whitedust

View attachment 40825 View attachment 40826 View attachment 40827

Well, it was most likely the first day out for most boaters "here" this last weekend, and what a start to the season it was. We came across this cruiser on fire on our way back to the launch. Saw it on the news later that evening.... 10 people on board. The boat was approx. 40 to 42 feet. (All made it off ok). In the other pic, someone tried to launch their SUV unsuccessfully........... I've always said I could grab a 12 pack and lawn chair, and just hang out down by the boat launches all day. (This is one good reason).

Yep I do that in St Augustine, FL spend @ least a couple days at the launch with zero gravity chair catch the rays & watch the circus. Great fun seems very few know what they are doing to launch & land. I love boats all designs turns me on & I have owned a bunch from kyats,sailboats & all types of powerboats over the years. Also fun when the guide boats come in see what fish are running off the coast. I highly recomend hanging at any busy saltwater launch best entertainment in town & people very friendly.:)

bearrassler

I finally took the pontoon to the lake this morning and dropped it in the water. It has been a terrible spring and early summer here weather wise so far.

whitedust

Beautiful weather here in Vilas mid 70s during the day & frosty at night mid to lower 30s some frost in the area. Bake during the day & bundle at night luv this weather.:) Moving into mid 80s by the weekend going to have to turn on the AC for a few days.