Make-A-Wish sled restoration project.

snoluver1

Once again Skiroule, you went above and beyond putting together the care package. It will make a great addition to the sled. It was great seeing you again and chewing the fat( literally ) for a while. Hopefully the next time we meet, it will be on the snow. To repay you for all your hard work on the project, I would be happy to help you break in that fancy new toy you bought! ;)

I was pretty excited to see a good amount of people at the tent every time I made my way back there. A big thanks to Matt at Revolution Freeride for letting us use his space and taking on the burdan of selling the tickets all day!!

snoluver1

John will be able to answer better, but they will be available from the site and I believe at a few of the pubs through out the western u.p. Also at the ride-in event itself.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Tickets will be available soon from the site as well as some selected spots across the western UP. They will also be for sale at the Ride-In.

Skiroule, awesome job on the package of extras!

snoluver1- Great meeting you this weekend, the sled looked awesome!

-John

snoluver1

snoluver1- Great meeting you this weekend, the sled looked awesome!_

-John

Thanks John. It was great finally getting to meet "the legend"! I feel bad about sticking you with the clean up job after having the sled in the dust bowl all weekend. If you want to save it for some cooler temps and maybe a couple inches of snow, I could take a run up there to get it cleaned up and tuned in, and replace that flap. Just let me know.

doospunk

Thanks John. It was great finally getting to meet "the legend"! I feel bad about sticking you with the clean up job after having the sled in the dust bowl all weekend. If you want to save it for some cooler temps and maybe a couple inches of snow, I could take a run up there to get it cleaned up and tuned in, and replace that flap. Just let me know.

Adam and Skiroule - It was nice to meet the two of you as well. Good job with the TNT. It looked phenomonal!

snoluver1

Adam and Skiroule - It was nice to meet the two of you as well. Good job with the TNT. It looked phenomonal!

Thanks doospunk. It was great meeting you and once again thanks for the amazing hospitality. I had a blast hanging with you guys!! Looking forward to meeting up on the snow to shred some powder!

Last edited:

skiroule

To repay you for all your hard work on the project, I would be happy to help you break in that fancy new toy you bought! ;)

You’re too kind, but I just couldn’t impose.

If you want to save it for some cooler temps and maybe a couple inches of snow, I could take a run up there to get it cleaned up and tuned in, and replace that flap. Just let me know.

This is a great idea. It seems like a tailor-made excuse to get in a little riding on the side, but officially (for the home front) it’s “work, work work”.

Thanks, you too doospunk - wish I would have had more time to hang around

For those of you that couldn’t make it out this year, here’s a couple of shots of the sled duo.
Haydays Sleds 2.jpg Haydays Sleds 1.jpg

skiroule

Tickets will be available soon from the site as well as some selected spots across the western UP. They will also be for sale at the Ride-In.

Skiroule, awesome job on the package of extras!

snoluver1- Great meeting you this weekend, the sled looked awesome!

-John

Thanks John, I think I'll be able to drop the extras off up at Lac Labelle later this fall. You can pick them up your leisure.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Any chance of getting them at the Snow Show in Novi?..........PLEASE!!!!!!

You don't have to purchase the tickets in person. You can just send me the money (via: pay pall- jd@johndee.com, or check via mail PO Box 182, Mohawk, MI 49950).

As much as I would like to make the Novi show, it is a 11-12 hour drive each way and just not feasible with having to work on Friday and Sunday.

-John

skiroule

John,

Dropped the parts extras for the Make-A-Wish sled off at the Lac La Belle Lodge on Thursday. You can pick them up next time you’re up there. Check with Dave. He said he wouldn't forget to tell you about them but…...well, let’s just say it’s possible that you may have to remind him.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Skiroule.

I think we may be heading there for dinner tonight, so will shake down Dave for them.

-John

D

Deleted member 10829

I saw the sled today and I must say it looks even better in person than the pictures, and it looks great in pictures! The sled looks like new and the black paint is just awesome. I was very impressed with the entire sled and someone will be very happy to win that.

We need to sell lots of tickets and as traffic picks up on the website, I'm sure there will be some friendly challenges to get the number way up! At $10 a ticket, it would be nice to sell at least 300 of them, and I think we can do even better than that.

I think getting a BIG picture and description of what it is all about for the Make a Wish deal on the home page would be a good idea. Something that everyone that visits the site HAS to see or come across.

John, will you be selling any tickets at the Milwaukee snow show?

jd

Administrator
Staff member
John, will you be selling any tickets at the Milwaukee snow show?

Yes, I will be selling tickets at the Milwaukee show and will also be setting up a spot on the site where the tickets can be purchased on-line.

-John